Friday

ESPAÑA AWAITS.

With the practice sessions for the Spanish Grand Prix only a week away I can barely contain my excitement! I feel like we have waited too long for a Grand Prix and with all the craziness that this season has brought so far, every race looks set to bring some sort of a surprise. I do, however, think some sort of stability will return to F1 now that the European leg is about to start and teams have had more time to evaluate and redesign their cars. They will have targeted their weaknesses and have a better understanding of how everything is working aerodynamically. That said, me predicting things will become more stable goes against all my previous 'no predictions can be made' predictions. If that makes sense...

Sebastian Vettel is also looking ahead to Barcelona and he said:

Of all the current GP tracks, Barcelona is the one that we know the most because we have done so much testing there in recent years. That said, the knowledge that you gain at the tests doesn’t always help due to the changing wind direction that occurs there, which can sometimes give you a nasty surprise, especially into Turn 1. But in general, a car that functions well aerodynamically in Barcelona will work everywhere - so it will be an interesting weekend. We have been working on the package for Barcelona at this week’s test, but we will still have set-up work to do there on arrival.

Well Sebastian, thanks for your insight and I definitely agree with you; it will most certainly be an interesting weekend. 

I hope you are all as excited as I am and if I can bring myself to do so, what with all the excitement coursing through my veins and all, I will write a preview to Spain soon (probably Sunday!). I'll look at the results of teams so far and comment on a few drivers' individual performances and then have a little think about what this could mean for the Spanish Grand Prix.

Have a lovely weekend! And a lovely extended weekend to those in the UK...

Aqsa, @aqsasformula







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...