Monday

EASY AS ABC.

I thought it's be fun to do an F1 A-Z, summing up what F1 means to me right now! And let me know what some of your favourite things about F1 are as well...

A is for Australia- perfect venue for the opening race!
B is for Bahrain- plenty of controversy around this GP and rightly so!
C is for cars- duh! I was going to go for Canada but I'm missing this year's race because I'll be revising :(
D is for dangerous- 2 motorsport deaths last year were saddening and watching Senna reminded me of how much these athletes risk to do what they love! (I cried like a baby at that film.)
(image from staticmass.net)
E is for Ecclestone- sometimes eccentric, always entertaining!
F is for France- would love a French GP (imagine a Paris street race) but please not at the expense of Spa.
G is for Great Britain- home of motorsport and if I was an F1 driver it'd be the venue of my home Grand Prix.
H is for Hamilton- I have a lot of opinions on him but as I said in an earlier post, i'm going to try to remain impartial! ;)
I is for ingenious- some of the greatest minds in the world work in a sport at the pinnacle of technology!
J is for Japan- last year's race was fantastic and of course where Vettel was crowned youngest ever double world champion!
K is for KERS- I can never remember what that stands for but I think I've got it now; Kinetic Energy Recovery System! (And no, I didn't just Google it!)
L is for lights out- the most exciting moment of the race, for me, is the start when all 5 lights go out and you hear the engines roar for the first time- love it!
M is for 'more please'- 20 races aren't enough to satisfy my F1 cravings! Oh and Monaco- I would love to visit one day to watch the race and enjoy the glamour!
N is for night race- Singapore if my favourite race on the calendar for this reason! What can I say? I'm a very nocturnal person...
(image from motorauthority.com)
O is for overtaking- We see much more of it thanks to DRS but does that make racing fake? Whatever you think of DRS it has certainly led to some exciting race moments!
P is for Pakistan- it is my dream to one day see a Pakistani GP! However, I understand that this is unlikely.
Q is for (this is a tricky one!) questions- I feel journalists don't always ask the questions we viewers want answers to! Just give me a microphone... And a press pass... And flight tickets... You get my point!
R is for Red Bull- they have been the team to beat since 2010 but do we see that halo slipping?
(image from blogs.bettor.com)
S is for Spa- a classic for a reason and as I said earlier, I would hate to see it alternating with a French GP!
T is for time consuming- I spend race weekends watching the race, being too excited for the race or recovering from the race! Needless to say, work never gets done and this is why I won't be watching Canada- thank God for the BBC's excellent highlights package.
U is for understeer- I recently started taking driving lessons and I now understand why drivers hate this so much.
V is for Vettel (honestly took me a while to think of that)- record breaker by profession!
W is for wings, both front and rear- I watched Megafactories: Williams F1 and learnt a lot about front wings! I would highly recommend you watch it too.
X is for (Are you kidding me?) XX- Roman numerals for 20- the record number of races on the 2012 calendar!
Y is for yelling- and a lot of it! I'm always left with a sore throat on Monday morning.
Z is for Zzzz- I miss out on a lot of sleep to watch races like Australia and Japan but it is so worth it!

There are so many more I would add- like New Jersey (Can. Not. Wait!) or topical things of interest like the Resource Restriction Agreement but I think this list is reflective of the first things that come to mind when I think about Formula 1. Are there any that you would agree with or that you would change?

Aqsa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...