Wednesday

DON'T STOP BELIEVING...

I recently discovered a blog called the Daily Post and they set bloggers a weekly challenge of posting a picture on a theme they choose. I decided to do a post on the theme 'Journey' (ok it may not be this week's theme but it's the one I liked the most!).

So I began thinking of how the word 'Journey' could be applied to Formula 1. My first thought was of how the F1 world, teams, drivers, the media and of course fans, travels to and from some of the most exciting and beautiful countries in the world on an almost weekly basis. This is the obvious thing that one would associate with journeys in Formula 1 but I wanted to focus on the other journey that drivers in Formula 1 go on. This is the emotional and mental journey that they and their families take that eventually, for a lucky few, culminates with the realisation of their dreams and the paying-off of years of hard work. 


Therefore, the picture I have gone for is of woman of the moment, Alice Powell
Alice is one of many young drivers taking that journey and the recent news that she will be competing in the GP3 series means that she is one step closer to reaching her ultimate goal of an F1 drive.


Aqsa


(Image: oxfordmail.co.uk)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...